COVID-19 Prescriber Resource Center
At Accredo, our top priority is protecting the health and well-being of your patients, and to be your partner in their care. We’ve prepared this resource to keep you informed about how we will continue to work with you and serve patients during this time.
Accredo is by your side
- Our pharmacy continues to operate business as usual; we are not experiencing any disruptions in service at this time.
- We will continue to ensure the safe and timely delivery of medications to patients’ homes, physician offices, and care centers.
- Our pharmacists remain available 24/7 to answer your calls, provide support, assist patients and providers, and to re-route or reschedule shipments as needed.
- Our network of locations across the country allows us the flexibility to maintain normal business operations. We have successfully leveraged this network and our continuity planning during other emergencies.
- Our patient web portal and mobile app can help patients and caregivers manage pharmacy needs easily and securely.
- Our prescriber portal can help with managing pharmacy needs, including referrals, renewals, identifying patients who need follow-up, and prior authorizations. Physicians also can live chat with an Accredo care representative through the portal. To register, click here.
Pharmacy Supply, Dispensing and Safety
- Currently, we are not experiencing any impact on inventories. We are partnering closely with our suppliers to ensure our customers have uninterrupted access to their medications.
- Accredo will ensure safe delivery of medications when patients need them; there is no need to order refills earlier than usual, or to stock up.
- Our pharmacists and care advocates are talking with patients about their needs, and are ensuring they have the medication supply they need in line with their benefit plan. We would appreciate your help to encourage responsible refilling of medications so we can avoid hoarding and stockpiling that will lead to unnecessary shortages.
- If your office experiences a disruption, you can contact Accredo through the numbers you normally use, or use the MyAccredoPatients.comchat feature, which is available from 8am to 8pm EST. Please ensure you are communicating to our team any changes that would impact ability to delivery mediation to your offices.
- Accredo uses CoverMyMeds to coordinate authorizations if a prior authorization is required. Accredo may send physician prior authorization information to the patient’s insurance plan when required.
- We maintain rigorous universal precautions to protect the health and well-being of all patients and follow all board of pharmacy regulations regarding the safe handling of medications. These precautions help prevent the exposure of any potential contagious illnesses, like the COVID-19 virus, to prescription packaging.
- During this time, we recommend patients and caregivers take extra precautions by wiping down prescription packaging with a disinfectant wipe before they open it, and to always wash their hands afterward.
- We are partnering with all major carriers to ensure there are no delivery disruptions, including in certain instances temporarily suspending most required signatures for deliveries.
- There is no change or disruption to standard processes for in-home infusions. Home visits from our Accredo nursing staff will continue. At this time, our nurses have no restriction on travel.
- The safety and health of our patients and our nurses is our top priority. We have a robust infection control plan and are following all CDC recommendations related to COVID-19.
- Prior to a face-to-face visit, our nurses have instituted telephonic pre-screening of each patient to understand the COVID-19 exposure risk. This information informs the nurse of the PPE that must be worn prior to entering the home.
- In the event that a patient is diagnosed and/or quarantined, we will work with the patient’s care team to determine the best course of action.
- We are suspending our current schedule for in-person competency checks on self-mixing for patients with PAH who use Veletri®, Remodulin® or treprostinil. If you are a prescriber of these therapies, and have a patient scheduled for a visit in the next 4 weeks, our nurses will contact you for an interim order that will allow us to move to the telephonic assessment. We will provide telephonic support and assessments to determine proficiency and comfort level. If deficiency is detected, we will proceed with an in-home visit to ensure competency.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.