Reduce processing time and improve clinical care by providing prescribers:
- Efficient means of sharing clinical information required for specialty pharmacy care coordination
- Fewer calls and faxes from Accredo to the prescriber's office
- Faster prescription processing so patients get their medication as soon as possible
- Accredo Pharmacy receives prescription
- Missing patient information is obtained from EMR:
- Lab and test results
- Encounter and progress notes
- Current medications
- Accredo pharmacist reviews clinical data along with the Rx to complete specialty enrollment and process the prescription faster
Accredo recently connected with Surescripts® to utilize Record Locator & Exchange services through Carequality, a national Health Information Exchange network. This agreement allows Accredo to access clinical information from electronic health records that can be used for specialty enrollment utilizing Continuity of Care Document (CCD) standards.
By using this information exchange, Accredo can access common clinical information required as part of the enrollment process for specialty pharmacy. This means fewer phone calls or fax exchanges between the pharmacy and prescriber, so patients get their medication faster.
CCD is an electronic document exchange standard for sharing patient summary information. The information includes current and past health status accessible across computer applications, such as web browsers, electronic medical records (EMR) and electronic health records (EHR). For specialty medication prescribing, relevant information includes diagnosis, weight, height, current medications, medication history, allergies, lab and test results, and office visit summaries.
Accredo validates a patient record query with patient-specific identifiers: prescription number, patient name, patient address, patient phone, gender, and patient date of birth. The record identification workflow connects an Accredo patient with a prescription to the CCD request.
Like any entity, in order for Accredo to participate in the Carequality network, we have contractually agreed to abide by the Carequality Connection Terms and Carequality Principles of Trust. We take our responsibilities seriously. Thousands of other stakeholders are part of this network, including prescribers, payers, long-term and home care providers, public health organizations, other pharmacies and technology implementation companies like Surescripts.