You can complete and send your patients prior authorization to us electronically several ways:
Accredo has partnered with CoverMyMeds to offer FREE ePA services through a secure web portal. You can:
- Submit patient information and receive criteria questions online – often immediately
- Process PAs with no paperwork or phone calls to the plan
- Enjoy faster PA approvals, many times before the patient leaves your office
If you don't already have an account, visit covermymeds.com/epa/express-scripts and create a free account today.
Accredo uses CoverMyMeds to coordinate authorizations when new prescriptions are submitted that require prior approval. Accredo may send physician PA information to the patient's insurance plan if prior authorization for the pharmacy to service the drug is required.
As a prescriber or representative of a prescriber, you can now request prior authorization (PA) decisions for prescriptions online via CareContinuum’s ExpessPAth Portal. You can:
- Submit new requests for prior authorization
- Check on the status of submitted requests
- Submit an authorization renewal or appeal on a previously submitted request
To ePA using our prescriber website, MyAccredoPatients.com:
- Log in or register at MyAccredoPatients.com1
- Select “Electronic Referral” icon or navigate to Resources > iAssist
- You will be routed to iAssist, Accredo’s electronic referral service2 and be prompted to login or register
- Complete an ePA along with a new referral, or simply complete the prior authorization as as stand-alone service if desired.
Surescripts CompletEPA QuickStart®
Connected to 100% of PBMs/Payers, CompletEPA QuickStart is a free website that makes it easy to submit fully electronic prior authorization requests. This easy option will save prescribers valuable time until fully integrated electronic prior authorization is available in the EHR workflow.
Electronic Health Records
Using your Electronic Health Record (EHR) is the fastest way to complete an ePA process and is the best tool if you’re already ePrescribing regularly. Reach out to your Office Manager, Medical Director, or EHR vendor to make sure you have the latest software version upgraded with ePA. Need a phone number or link for your EHR? Confirm the need for PA and view criteria during the prescribing process
- Access benefit and formulary information in your EMR
- Receive approval or denial of the PA – often in real time
- Manage PA requests within your existing ePrescribing workflow
- Each EMR vendor is different, so check with them to make sure you have the latest software version allowing ePA