Welcome to Accredo
Starting January 1, 2023, Accredo will be the primary in-network retail pharmacy option for TRICARE beneficiaries filling specialty medications. To help you get started early, Accredo is available to you today. With Accredo, you will have access to personalized care and support from pharmacists and nurses trained in your condition.
Accredo is available to you at no extra cost if you are currently filling your specialty prescription at an in-network pharmacy. 1 To fill your specialty medications with Accredo, simply log in to your Express Scripts account. You can also call 877-882-3324. A patient care advocate will work with you and your doctor to get a new prescription sent to Accredo.
Who is Accredo?
Learn more about Accredo and how we can help you manage your health.
Filling for the First Time
How to fill your prescription with Accredo for the first time.
- Once your prescription is ready for order scheduling, an Accredo patient care advocate will call you to schedule free delivery on a date that works for you. We will ship your medication with any special handling it may need, such as refrigeration
- With each fill, you will be invited to discuss any updates to your medications or medical history, changes or questions you may have with an Accredo pharmacist or nurse, specialty trained in the medications and equipment you are using.
- Because your shipment is coming from a new pharmacy, you may notice changes in packaging, prescription labels and literature.
Go to the
Key Benefits of Using Accredo
If you choose to use Accredo as your new specialty pharmacy, you will receive the personalized care you deserve, including:
- 24/7 access to patient care advocates and specialty-trained pharmacists and nurses with extensive experience in your condition
- Manage your specialty medications on accredo.com or on the Accredo® mobile app – set refill reminders based on your communication preferences – call, text or email
- Comprehensive, condition-specific patient care management programs provided by our specialty-trained clinical staff
- Accredo offers free delivery of your medication on a day that works for you.
- Most supplies, such as needles and syringes, are provided with your specialty medication at no charge
Go to the
Our clinical programs and specialty-trained clinical staff are part of what make Accredo different from other pharmacies you may have used in the past.
- With Accredo, you can rely on specialty-trained clinical teams to be there when you need them. Our team of clinicians includes pharmacists, nurses and social workers. Dietitian support is also available for some conditions.
- Accredo offers several comprehensive, condition-specific patient care management programs. Within these programs, our clinical team partners with patients and caregivers on their health journey to improve outcomes. You can expect our clinical team to reach out to you for periodic clinical evaluation, to address your questions, and to assist with any medication challenges you are experiencing. This clinical support is provided to you at no additional cost, and your participation is completely voluntary.
Go to the
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I start using Accredo?
You can call Accredo at 877-882-3324 to get started. An Accredo patient care advocate can gather your doctor’s information and the pharmacy can reach out to get a new prescription sent to Accredo.
How long will it take to receive my specialty medications?
Accredo's turnaround time is based on the need-by date that we establish with you or your physician. In many cases, our turnaround time for new prescription referrals is 5 to 7 calendar days. This allows 2 to 3 days for a patient care advocate to work with you to coordinate shipment and delivery. Typically, our turnaround time for refills is 24 to 48 hours.
This may vary for TRICARE beneficiaries filling overseas. Call 877-882-3324 for assistance if you need your specialty medications delivered overseas.
How do I refill my prescriptions?
There are many ways you can order prescription refills. You can call us at the number on your prescription label or at 877-882-3324. Many medications can also be refilled safely online once registered at accredo.com or via our mobile app. When it’s time to reorder, you'll receive a phone call or text to schedule shipment, so you will never have to worry about running out of your medication.
If you are out of refills, we are ready to work with you and your doctor to help you receive the best possible care. To get started, simply contact an Accredo patient care advocate at 877-882-3324 and we will work with your doctor on the rest.
How can I find out how much my medication costs?
The cost of your medication will always be reviewed with you during order scheduling. Because Accredo is a part of the TRICARE pharmacy network, you will pay the retail copayment. You can learn more about 2022 copayments at retail pharmacies, here.
How do I pay for my specialty medications?
You can pay by debit or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa), with your checking account, or through a flexible spending account (FSA). You may also send a check via mail to:
- Accredo Health, Inc.
- PO Box 954041
- St. Louis, MO 63195
Is there an additional charge for shipping and handling?
No, Accredo offers free shipping with safe, on-time delivery. Accredo utilizes both UPS and FedEx carriers for delivery of orders.
My medication needs refrigeration. How will it be mailed?
Accredo uses special packaging and coolant packs for shipping and handling refrigerated prescription drugs. These processes maintain temperature within the range approved in the product’s labeling. Accredo also adjusts for current and forecasted climate conditions, as well as the package destination area.
Can I have my prescription sent overnight?
Overnight delivery may be an option for emergency medication needs, but is not guaranteed.
How do I know whether my medication is covered or whether there is a generic equivalent?
Accredo will complete a thorough check of your benefits for coverage of your specialty medication. If medications are not covered, you will be contacted to review available options.
When should I contact Accredo?
To help us serve you safely and efficiently, contact us as soon as possible when:
- You have questions or are having challenges taking your medication
- You suspect a reaction to your medication or develop a new allergy
- Any of your medications change or are discontinued
- You have been hospitalized or a hospitalization is planned
- There are changes in your overall health
- You are pregnant, planning pregnancy, or will be breastfeeding
- Your address or phone number changes or you lose phone service
- Your address changes due to relocation because of a natural disaster or other event
- You are unavailable to receive your shipment
- Your payment source changes
Go to the
Deductibles may apply. Accredo will follow the retail pharmacy copayment structure determined by Congress in the Fiscal Year 2018 National Defense Authorization Act. Beneficiaries can file a claim for a partial reimbursement of the cost of their medication when filling at a non-network pharmacy.